need advice on uk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by magunta, May 6, 2015.

1. magunta

magunta Private E-2

global work and travel, my daughter wants to come to the uk for 2 years and work as an au pair. she is currently studying theology at the moment. i think she is getting scammed they want 700 dollars tomorrow and rang up to remind her. i smell a rat. i lived in the uk for years but had a british passport. she is my stepkid. need advice bad, or i feel i will loose 700 bucks
    cheers for hearing me out

2. magunta

magunta Private E-2

thanks for the input, where should i go to ask. i dont want her to drop 700 tomorrow. i know there are heaps of aussies wankers over there, she is a good one.

3. magunta

magunta Private E-2

cheers mate

4. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I can't find any information stating it should cost that much, what so ever, and you should go with your gut, call the agencies as advised, and report it.

5. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

6. magunta

magunta Private E-2

my wife and i googled like mad last night. it is dodgy. they are in liquidation. daughter sms the bloke that she wants two weeks to think about it, he rang back straight away saying it is a limited time offer. thats when she reallised she was getting ripped. i lived in the uk and ire for about 6 years. i just turned up and worked it our yha. thanks again for your perseverance with me

7. magunta

magunta Private E-2

I would really like to thank you all for your help and support. your input was a major factor in her not loosing 700,
    thanks

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

JoeRay, great advice there, its often difficult to know whos legit or not or even if your getting overcharged for something you can do yourself easily! so chatting to the UK Embassy or AUS Embassy is best options to know who they will recommended if you cannot do it yourself.

But as in your links you can, didn't know that, so I learned something new on the pathway, had heard of Tier 5 Visa, as where I work in the NHS, the job apps list that.

@magunta - hope your daughter has a great time in the UK, no matter where she resides its a great place and even a 15min drive can take you to a place so different to the cities.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds