Dreaded blue screen of death--stop message

Discussion in 'Software' started by Exxtol, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

Okay if anyone could help me I would greatly aprreciated it. A couple of days ago while i was surfiing the web on my dell insipirion 4100 i got the blue screen of death or a dreaded stop error mesage. No files or drivers were listed as the culprit, but i was told that windows had shutdown and that i would have to restart my laptop. Well i did that and again i was blessed with another stop error message--I could not even log in to windows. So i proceeded to try and log in to windows in safe mode with no avail. I have tried everything but i still keep getting stop error messages--I have probably gotten 5 or 6 different ones. I am at a lost as to what to do. Any suggestions?? Thank you in advance. By the way i am using my other old laptop to post if youre wondering! Oh and i am using Windows XP

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Please post the entire error, verbatim.

3. genEEneg

genEEneg Private E-2

Try booting from the windows XP CD and running a chkdsk or a scandsk... that always fixes my problem when it blue screens me.

4. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

This is the message that I get when trying to start windows normally:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down.
    -------
    Same message happens when i try and access safe mode with networking.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

A couple of questions.

Do you have GoBack installed?

Do you have a Windows XP CD?

Have you recently installed this hotifx?

KB890859

If you did, and have a Windows XP CD, you can go to the recovery console and try to remove it.
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/spuninst.htm
    (courtesy of Matacumbie)

6. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

I don't have a windows xp cd, but i was going to go buy one today. And no i did not install that hotfix, or at least i dont think i did. by the way what is GoBack??

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

A program that comes with Norton Systemworks, and takes the place of system restore. Its a little more involved than that, but that sums it up.

8. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

Would you recommend that I try and update or reinstall windows xp on my laptop? If so, is it easy to do? Best Buy was saying they would install it for 100.00 dollars, but i have to believe that it's just not that difficult to do--at least not 100.00 dollars difficult. Also do you know where can i purchase a windows xp cd for cheaper than 100 bucks???! thats expensive to me. thanks.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

100 dollars is about as cheap as you will find it, legally.

Its not hard to reinstall, but if you do a clean install, you will lose your data.

10. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

Okay, if i do a clean install will i have to re-install drivers? Or just programs that I have already downloaded onto the computer?

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

12. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

Ohk i was able to get a windows xp cd and a cd with drivers for my laptop. i have one question--how the hell do i reinstall windows xp!?!! I put in the cd rom and have tried starting up my computer in safe mode or normals mode, but all i get are stop messages. the laptop does not detect the cd--am i doing something wrong?

13. Exxtol

Exxtol Private E-2

ohk guys i figured out how to boot from the cd, but about halfway through copying the files necessary for windows xp to work i get a blue screen with a stop message--MEMORY MANAGEMENT. any ideas?? thanks. also i already deleted the old version of windows xp that i had.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds