The laptop my iPhone was synced to got stolen, what to do?

Discussion in 'Software' started by himitsuxo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. himitsuxo

himitsuxo Private E-2

Hello! I'm sure this problem isnt too unique but after a google search I couldn't seem to fix my problem. I do not have a backup of my iTunes library being that my computer was relatively new and I was NOT expecting this to happen. I can careless that my phone info is on there, my contacts and what not are backed up on iCloud but I'm worried about my music. I've managed to login to my iTunes account and it brought up my purchased songs, apps, etc, but not all my other music. I have about 2300 songs on my iPhone and only 46 in my "new" iTunes library. My biggest fear right now is that if something (God forbid) happens to my phone where I need a replacement, when I go to sync my phone again I'll lose all my music. I never really took the time how to figure out how to use iCloud other than using photostream and backing up my contacts and etc so if this does happens I'll really be screwed. Is there a way to get whats off of my iPhone onto my new computer? It's not jailbroken or anything like that. I also have windows so senuti is unfortuately out of the question... thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly if the songs you are missing where not from iTunes download and thus listed in purchases, and where ones on your PC from rips of CDs etc then sadly you have lost them I'm afraid.

I tend to backup all my music and video to a seperate external HDD I then store in a safe place in the house.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds