changing login background problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Apr 26, 2012.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

I am trying to change the background image i see before i log in but i am having no luck no matter what guides i follow, this is on a acer laptop running windows 7 home premium.

it was easy to do on my xp desktop but apparently 7 over complicated the process or acer preinstalled something which is causing it to not work or something

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

"I'm trying to change the background image I see before I log in but I am having no luck no matter what guides I follow, this is on an Acer laptop running windows 7 home premium" red death68

If the standard methods/guides do not work for you; there are also actually a few decent 'third-party' applications out there that can very easily change Windows 7's default logon wallpaper, and my personal 'freeware' favorite tool is Tweak.com's Logon Changer (which is a mere 243 KB). Start by downloading the app here, save it to your desktop and then unzip the executable from the .zip file. After that you can simply run the Logon Changer tool and it should then present you with a preview of your logon screen along with a few self-explanatory options:

* "Change Logon Screen" lets you browse for a new replacement image
    * "Test" will bring up your current logon screen
    * "Revert to Default Logon Screen" reapplies Windows 7's original wallpaper.​

Also Click Here to see the YouTube Demo (using Tweak Logon) entitled: How To Change Windows 7 Login Screen

Side Note: The Tweaks.com Logon Changer will also allow the option to automatically resize and recompress the image(s) that you bring up; to the highest quality possible. The original image is left untouched.

Good Luck! -- COMP​

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  3. red death68

looks like it worked ill restart my computer to be 100% sure(busy with classes then work)

but tyvm im just wondering why the manual way didnt work

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm just curious if the guides you tried had the two steps of the registry change and then putting the background picture in the folder mentioned in this guide?

5. red death68

yes in fact i used that guide once but it didnt work i think acer had some preset crap stopping it since there was an acer background in use but the program worked tyvm wish it was as easy as xp....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds