Hi Newbie here needing software help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by slouhands, Sep 11, 2008.

1. slouhands

slouhands Private E-2

I have a 4 yr old system that had crashed and was updated with a new hard drive. While being reloaded I'm not sure that XP Pro was reinstalled for operating system (about 6 months ago). I try to keep my system updated and protected with Norton AntiVirus continuously. Also updated to sp3 about the time of my problems starting....
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer was slowing down and I tried to clean up the registry, etc.... but that has not fixed my problem. I'm wondering if there is a software program that will tell you if you have any programs that run on a slower speed than 32 bit. I understand that some programs will run but will slow down the operating system to the slower speed all the time? What can I do to fix it?

2. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

hi and welcome :wave post in software forum and you will get someone help you out there

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. runge1

runge1 Private E-2

Hi everyone.

As a mater of interest, when I downloaded RegCleaner 4.3.0.780, spybot reported a major problem.

What do ypu think ?

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome

Please start your own thread in the Software Forum

6. runge1

runge1 Private E-2

I use AVG. Spybot, & CCleaner to maintain my system. I also use Executive Software to Defrag same. the first two are free and work well so long as they are used properly.

RAM counts, as does the CPU.

Regards

BR:)

7. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

Have to be careful with using registry cleaners....if you are going to use one use ccleaner....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds