newbie(boy am I green)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by grimalken61, Sep 17, 2008.

1. grimalken61

grimalken61 Private E-2

Hi there anyone I am as my title says a newbie when it comes to pc,s and I am having a real hard time getting info on how to setup my pc it should be noted that my pc is a used model and was given to me by a so called buddy what he did not tell me was that this pc has had a virus called rona/mona/dona and apparently I have alot of rubbish files that I do not know how to get rid of,if you can help meby suggesting some freeware programs I would greatly appreciate the help,I currently spybot,avg, advanced windows care v2,they seem to work fairly well,but I am still not happy,am I being to picky maybe.If you want you can email me at or simply post the help hereon this forum page.:wave:confused

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  2. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

First of all welcome. Take some time to surf around the forum and you will find the best place to post different problems. But a word of warning it is not a good idea to post an email.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds