true image 2009 vs true image 11 home

Discussion in 'Software' started by lmhjcr, Oct 26, 2008.

1. lmhjcr

lmhjcr Sergeant

does anyone know what the difference is between acronis true image 11 home and true image 2009?

Thanks!

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'd like to know also. I'm using V11 Bazza

===

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi folks

I have a copy of this and just started using it last few weeks and I have to say the new GUI is superb, easy to navigate all the functions, some notable new additions are:

• One Click Protection, which is really easy to setup and once set with the schedule of backups you want from say an hour to daily/weekly they just run with no fuss, you can also specify how many backups you want saved so say you hit your max of 3 the oldest is deleted to make space for the new one.
    • Can search inside an archive!!
    • Set an Autobackup for times when you have a network or removable drive so that once its online or plugged in the backup Image will be created.
    • Auto-Shutdown of PC once an Image backup is done.
    • Archive into USB Pens if large enough, but this option is handy as you can just Image your Email and Settings, which at times thats all you may wish to backup seperatly, or backup just application settings ( these are from the likes of Office, Firefox, IE, WMP etc )

Some Screenies from my main PC, note that one shows no backups made this was correct as I was doing screenies for a guide/blog post.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One for Bazza in that a nice calendar of your backups and status
    [​IMG]

Question is do you need to change from Version 11?

Not really as I found version 11 superb but I find that like many applications the latest versions at times can be a real jem, and Acronis True Image 2009 is a real jem, so if you have spare moolar lying around and need an update or a new imaging/backup app if you dont have one already then I can recomend this one as I have used Acronis True Image for many years and it just keeps on getting better.

Upgrade option from previous TI version is available on Acronis's website in many locations, makes it a little cheaper than full retail.

5. bigbazza

Thanks Halo for your detailled screenshots. I did notice the one for "me" :-D

I will investigate
    :cool

One link is http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Bazza

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  6. bigbazza

7. bigbazza

Hell, their licence key is even BIGGER than Microsofts. :-D

8 blocks of 8 characters. :cry
    PTL for copy and paste. ;)

Bazza

PS: Update price for OZ purchasers is AUD$39.99 and the way our dollar has crashed, update now. New version FULL price will most likely increase by 20% or so, soon.

Baz

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  8. bigbazza

Couldn't even install it. Their licence key (supplied in their email) was rejected. :cry :confused

I have emailled them. Awaiting a reply. Bazza

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Bazza

Just in case make sure when you copy it that you dont have any spaces at either end, keep tight to the text as a space can at times be registered as a character.

10. bigbazza

Thanks, Halo. I thought I copied it, cropped close but maybe I didn't. I'll give it another go. Bazza

===

11. bigbazza

They replied, pointing me back to their original email with licence key. I carefully copied it. :-D I compared it to my original copy and post. No difference that I could detect (no spaces). Anyhow it works :major and installation has just finished. :confused Gotta go, gotta reboot. Bazza

12. bigbazza

Great ! Trying to run True Image 2009.
    As soon as I start it up I get a Hard drive failed message (see thumbnail). It points towards Hard Drive #2 (sometimes Hard Drive #3--same message--same fault) but doesn't tell you what Hard drive it is referring to.

Brilliant (I don't think).

I have run chkdsk (hard drive) /f on both my T: drive and my W: drive with no faults detected. (see thumbnails) Acronis still crashes. I'm confused.

I don't really want to run it, ignoring the errors. Any helpful advice?

Bazza

Attached Files:

13. bigbazza

14. bigbazza

Bump, anyone?
    Reading a link, it looks like I might have to re-format my W: drive (160gigs). Nearly full of data. Not happy. :cry

Bazza

15. bigbazza

Tried again and it worked. No need to re-format my target hard drive. :major :confused

Not impressed with v2009 far. Wish I had tried a trial before parting out with my cash. ATI v2009 took 32 minutes to backup and over 24 minutes to validate the backup.

By comparison v11 took 19 minutes for a full backup and 12 minutes to validate. Nearly twice as long for similar sized backup. I'll give it another try and if it performs the same, I'll be asking for my money back. I like to do an (almost) unattended Full Backup and validate daily, or almost daily.

I have 7 Folders named Monday to Sunday and simply backup my PC to the corresponding day of the week, deleting the previous week days backup, first.
    @ Halo@
    This is one feature that convinced me to buy v 2009. (see thumbnail). :-D I didn't realise that one of my backups had "failed". (red one)

Bazza

Attached Files:

16. bigbazza

Just tried to do a FULL backup today and the error code is back again. :cry :( Stuff v2009, I say. Bazza

17. bigbazza

I am going around in circles. Sometimes v2009 works, sometimes it doesn't.

I am trying to do a FULL Backup using v2009. I proceed as follows:-

Start 2009, click on Backup-->My Computer--->C-->Create New backup Archive (add appropriate name if necessary)
    -->Next-->Scheduling (Run this task manually--->Next
    Select FULL as I want a FULL Backup of C: drive-->Next-->Files to exclude (leave defaults as is)
    -->Next-->Backup Options (ignore)-->Next
    -->Backup Wizard (Automatic consolidation)-->Next-->Archive Comments (ignore)-->Next--->Summary-->Proceed

Then Tasks and event log pops up, Why????

How do I proceed from here to do the bloody backup?
    I can't see any way to proceed from Tasks and event log.

Help needed. Bazza

18. bigbazza

I'm going to contact the distributore today to see if they can help me through this. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds