Heatsinks Don't Fit My Video Card!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Jun 12, 2009.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Hi I just purchased some new blue ram heatsinks for my video card online. I did the measurements on the ram chips, and compared them to the description of the heatsink size available online and they matched. But when they came in the mail the heatsinks were smaller than the ram chips on my video card. I still put the heatsinks on regardless. The blue heatsinks came with these 3M brand clear sticky tape type backings that were pre-applied to them during manufacturing or something.

I just wanted to know if it's wrong for me to leave them as they are in the picture?
    [i.e. Smaller than the black ram chips on my video card]

[​IMG]

Or should I take them off? Will this damage my video card?

Thanks

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Did you contact the manufacturer/seller to find out if there was a shipping error? I don't believe they will damage your card but heat sinks which actually covered the whole surface of the RAM chips would work a bit more efficiently.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds