Dev-C++ trouble with windows functions

Discussion in 'Software' started by PC-XT, Apr 24, 2008.

1. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Sleep(milliseconds) and timeGetTime() give compiler errors that they aren't defined. I included <windows.h>. Do I need a using statement for them or something? Google gave me Borland pages that said all you need is <windows.h>.

2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

I got Sleep working. I had misspelled it in one part of code.:eek: I googled and found other questions about timeGetTime and people saying to just use clock_t clock() instead, so that's what I did.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Possibly you needed to make sure that the library was linked properly? I've found dev-cpp to be a bit flakey with libraries.

EDIT: Oh and, possibly silly question, but you do have the SDK installed right? :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds