uninstall driver for Brother printer

Discussion in 'Software' started by sdc1222, Dec 20, 2003.

1. sdc1222

sdc1222 Private E-2

Hi everybody....I just bought a Dell dimension 2400 and tried connecting my Brother MFC 3100c printer to it and its not compatible with xp home edition. I used it on my old computer..windows 98. Soooo...I was told I needed to install a driver from Brother website. I know nothing at all about this, lol.
    I think I just installed the wrong one...instead of installing the xp driver I installed the windows 95/98/me/nt/200. The printer still does not work. I looked in add/remove programs but can't find it to uninstall it. Could somebody please walk me thru what to do? Remember....I know very little about computers so who is up for the challenge?? lol. Thank you !!!!!

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

heres the link for the drivers the xp ones are about halfway down
    http://solutions.brother.com/mfc3100c/download/drivers.html

installing different drivers wont really affect anything they will just stay there unused although i notice there is an uninstall program on that link near the top might be worth a try if you really want to get rid of those other ones
    have fun:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds