send a brick to protest immigration

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ~Pyrate~, Jul 4, 2006.

1. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

A few days ago I came across the site, www.send-a-brick.com I thought since there are a few conservatives here I might get a positive reponse. I mailed one to all my senators and my representative. I don't think it will make too much difference as they seem quite content on turning the US into a third world, but I'm too chicken to form an armed revolution so I thought this was a great idea.

Another group I came across which could really use our support is the minute man project (www.minutemanproject.com) I watched a video about them and they really do a great job, better than the official border patrol I might add. It's kind of sad when our own government won't do what even ordinary citizens can do, with little money and little resources.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

can't wait til we can see that wall from outter space :)

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Although our border is not effectively being patrolled, saying that terrorists are entering, disease spreading, and alien thugs are comin in is one hell of a lie and I rather throw my brick at the idiot who made that website than support them.

4. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i'm with you there. :)

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I'm with ya too ~Pyrate~ :)
    Send Those Bricks

I hear the Border patrol need's more Bullets & Razor wire!

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Never mind...won't dignify this with a response.

7. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

Must watch video on immigration:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5871651411393887069

I firmly believe that anyone who watches that and still thinks our current and utterly irresponsible immigration laws are fine and good, that those people want to see the destruction of the United States. It's just insane. I don't know why our leaders want to destroy our nation. It just makes no sense.

8. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I don't understand the deal where immigration=pollution in that video. The Northern border of Mexico is littered with American companies bent on circumventing the American EPA regs along with cheap Mexican labour. That's great for the shareholders!

I find it 'funny' when your government says that everyone needs a passport from Canada to curb terrorism, but seems to ignore the 'traffic' from Mexico. Damnit, we're on your side!!!

I just don't get it! *sigh*

BTW, I'll try to watch the video but no promises.

PPS. I forgot to say, all the drugs, money and people being exchanged, maybe evn military hardware! Check this out http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/eveningnews/main3420.shtml

9. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

Overcrowded populations lead to polution. I live in NYC this place is a friggin sh*thole as far a polution is concerned. The air is barely breathable. The streets are filthy. You look at the water bodies surrounding Manhatten, they are disgusting. That is all from the drainage from Manhatten, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens. I can't imagine a smaller town, whose infrastructure isn't as capable as NYCs.

I might also note that it is a 15 minute video. You can't possibly expect every aspect to be covered. I expect you to follow up on your own. :D

10. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

OK, I can understand that NYC is no paradise. However I used to go there some 25 years ago, several times over the years, and it wasn't that much different than what you describe today.

As to the video, I'll check that out when I wake up. :) gn

11. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

The thing that I found interesting, the population will stabilize if allowed to. I have to admit the guy makes a convincing arguement. Might just forward that site to some other friends.

12. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Let me add my own story to this one... they are a burden no matter what you hear. I was living in a small town in Ohio & a bunch of Mexicans moved in.. not bad at first (better than the white trash before them).. but as time moved on the had a band start up and you could see they drank a bit. One evening on eof then hit my car (DUI) and a few others a tried to drive off.. the police eventually caught him. I asked what would happen because he was an illegal and they told me he'd be released because 'no one would come get him'. Ok so how about my car? Well he had no license or insurence so the BMV tells me I can file against the person who the car is registered to. Ah sweet justice, NO! That person was bogus too and all the BMV could tell me was the was some issue with the cars registration and they could not do anything. So I had to fix my own car... nice. At least the white trash that lived there were citizen & could be pursued. So are we really benefitting like the "Day without a Mexican" was supposed to prove? I don't see it.

13. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

DITTO!

14. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

The Canadian response to "illegal" immigrants was to declare them to be "refugees". Refugees eventually become citizens and eventually they, or their children, or their grandchildren pay taxes. That's much cheaper than policing or building great walls. It's not a perfect solution - it just removes the "underground" element and the wanton exploitation of "illegals" by the unscrupulous. :)

15. badvegan39

badvegan39 Private E-2

my solution: claymores strategically placed along with stealth pits, or how about creating a state that exists along the border for a 10 mile cushion and populate it with some southern rednecks. all kidding aside, it is appalling how immigrants affect our entire economy (negatively). social benefits alone are crippling many states. a wall would not stop them. Im disgusted, but without any ideas myself

16. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Well, as long as we are linking google videos on immigration, I've got a great one. This is fascinating and original, and a must see for the immigration debate:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8520758607235721123&q=the+benefits+of+immigration

So, if our various google videos are to be believed, folks on the left should oppose immigration because its bad for the environment and folks on the right should favor immigration because it's good for the economy. :eek:

What a strange world.

17. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

Actually, it will be cheaper to deport them. According to this guy who is pro-immigration(I really should have kept the article) it will cost 40$ billion dollars a year for about 5 years to deport them. Well, they already cost us 40$ billion dollars a year in welfare and other social programs. And those costs will last more than 5 years, plus they will continue to rise. Combine that with all the problems they cause, increased crime, lowered wages and living standards, increased housing costs, unsustainability, and we really have no choice but to deport and shut down immigration.

Actually, immigration is bad for the economy. It's only good for certain interests. So, when you have a so-called "representative" in Congress telling you that it's a good thing you best check who his constituents and financial backers are.

It's quite simple really, you just lock up all the employeers who hire criminal invaders and then they will have no reason to come here.

18. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Good evidence.

19. Canada60

Canada60 Private E-2

I could n't agree with you more !!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds