startup programs don't load on the first login

Discussion in 'Software' started by dumbluck, May 15, 2005.

1. dumbluck

dumbluck Private E-2

This is.... odd. I THINK that some (not all) of my programs that are supposed to start at startup ...don't. At least not the first time I log in. If I log out, then log back in, they (almost) always all load. (I'm on a mult-user machine at home) It doesn't happen all the time, and it isn't the same programs every time. In fact, I haven't been able to determine any pattern at all. I'm not even entirely certain that they indeed HAVEN'T loaded; I just know that they aren't showing up in my system tray.

Oh, I forgot. Stats.
    XP Home edition, SP2
    The progs that are supposed to run at startup:
    Zone Alarm (free), United Devices agent (a parallell processing program, like your protein folding program), APC Powerchute, BigFix, Spybot S-D resident, freeram xp pro, Avast on-access scanner/Virus Recovery DB.

2. dumbluck

dumbluck Private E-2

uhh, any suggestions on how to fix this?

3. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Try disabling the United Devices agent - although I'm running Win98SE I used to have the same problem (although MOST of the programs were running but not visible in the systray) and stopping the UD agent from starting at startup cured the problem.

Hope it's as easy as that. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds