unmountable boot volume

Discussion in 'Software' started by MetalicMatt, Feb 6, 2007.

1. MetalicMatt

MetalicMatt Private E-2

hi guys someone has asked me to look at there laptop for them its a dell latitude d410. now i installed xp on here and we get through the setup process no problems there, but now we go to log into xp for the first time and on the os loading screen and it blue screens me and comes up with unmountable boot volume. so i run chkdsk and bootfix and fixmbr still nothing. so in the end i decided that instead of wasting anymore time looking for solutions ill just install it (and reformat) again and guess what same thing(infact im currently on the 3rd install).
    The wierd thing is, is that i can only log into safe mode and nothing eles ie safe with networking.
    does anyone have any ideas how i can solve this problem

2. manmachine

manmachine Private E-2

check out there
    Good luck !

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds