Wirless Router problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by explodinghead, Apr 1, 2007.

1. explodinghead

explodinghead Private E-2

I tried to help a customer today with a wireless router; and ended up advising him to take it back to the store and get a name brand. See if you think was the right advice:

I believe it is Belkin rourter; I know it was made in Canada. The router was plugged into a cable modem and then into one PC, and that PC could not access internet. Windows XP gave me a message saying the network cable was unplugged.

I followed the routers instructions and and manually entered the IP address and subnet for it and was able to see the router but still was not able to access any data from the modem. I went through the settings in XP and everything looked like it should work but it didn't. I tried to call the tech support for the router manufacture and repeatedly got busy signals. Any ideas why it didn't work? Did I miss something? confused

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds