HP Pavilion a6700y Network & Sound Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigjohnsvg, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigjohnsvg

bigjohnsvg Private E-2

Let me try that again... I also have the A6700Y and I as well got a new hard drive from hp and installed XP home edition with service pack 3. One thing that stood out is that it took right around 20 hours to format and complete the windows setup on that new drive. The operating system operates slow, very slow. The loading of any programs, windows, pictures, anything is like a slow crawl. I can't believe I have a fairly new computer, all new components and I'm waiting 3 minutes for a web page to load up. I got all the drivers from this page that I could, and that cleared like 3 of the 5 missing drivers I observed in the device manager. Still left I have the "802.11 bg wlan" showing no driver and also the "audio device on high definition audio bus" driver is still not installed as well. I have tried these links and there is always a problem of some sorts. Those I can get with more time searching im sure, but why is this thing so SLOW? Audio and a wireless antenna driver should not hold this thing up, so whats the deal? The original factory hard drive with pre installed vista was the only thing that worked on this pc, since I replaced that hard drive for another, and went with xp its been all bad. It takes roughly 1 minute to load up a normal window like control panel from the start menu. Thats with absolutely nothing else running. Any advice? what can I do to get back to how it used to be without running vista?

2. lotus8

lotus8 Private E-2

did u try auto detection from hp support website?

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

HP only offers Vista drivers, so using their auto-detect program will get you no-where. Your audio is standard Realtek Hi-Def, you can download it from here. The wireless internet driver is up to you; I have no way of knowing which make/model the device is. You can run a program like Unknown Devices to find out who made the wifi device, or you can power down, unplug the power cord, and remove the card and look at it. If the new hard drive took 20 hours to format and install XP to, then it is faulty and should be returned promptly. If you still have the hard drive with Vista on it, you can format it and install XP on it. This will completely erase Vista and will get you up and running with XP, but with Windows 7 coming out in October, and support for XP coming to an end next year, it seems a bit pointless to install XP to this PC. Windows 7 is closer to Vista than it is to XP, so you're going to have to get used to the Vista or 7 feel and operation sooner or later....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds