secunia

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Aug 7, 2010.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

When I download Secunia, It shows up in the systray at startup.
    I have used Revo and Ccleaner.
    The only way I could remove it was with msconfig which I know is not advisable.
    Should I put up with this and click exit when I do not want to see it in the sytray or is it better to disable it another way and run it when I want?
    The autorun programs say, "File already exists and cannot disable this file."
    Thank you

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Peter

Click in Secunia the Advanced interface mode (top right side), then click Settings and untick the Start Secunia PSI on Boot, so no need for msconfig or similar managment apps (although msconfig is a troubleshooting tool and as you already mentioned should not be used to manage startups, will enter a whole world of hurt dealing with orphaned entries if apps are managed and then removed).

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Halo to the rescue again;)
    Thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds