Can't set up personalization settings they keep defaulting to 1 minute.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.Magoo, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Mr.Magoo

Mr.Magoo Private First Class

I just did a fresh install of Win 7 Pro on a new 500 GB Seagate Barracuda Drive on a HP PC. When I try to personalize the machine it will not hold the settings. When I try to set up the monitor shut down and computer sleep setting I set it to never it reverts to 1 minute it does this for both of them. If I fuss around with the times it will set on a random time such as 1 hour, 45 minutes, 5 hours etc. This also happens when setting up Themes, I pick a theme I want and when I try to set up the shuffle time it will do the same thing as the other settings.

Now to make it more interesting when I went to download Malwarebytes I click on English when it goes to the next step the default setting is Bosanski! When go to the drop down and hit English it revert right back to Bosanski. I thought it was a site problem do I deleted IE history and my Temp file and used my disk to load the program with the same results.

Last night when attempting to download Malwarebytes and I had the Bosanski problem I "assumed" it was a Malwarebytes problem. I sent them an email about the problem and needless to say they still haven't figured it out . BTW, I clicked OK for the goof and yes indeed I couldn't read a word of it.

I didn't click to me today until I found the above problem that they are probably being caused by the same glitch.

Has anyone ever encountered this before and if so how do I overcome it?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you installed the makers Chipset driver and rebooted? as that is a major cause of issues if you do not, never take the default Windows chipset driver as be all and end all, really need the HP Chipset or your model PC.

3. Mr.Magoo

Mr.Magoo Private First Class

Hi David,
    No I haven't never even gave that a thought. How would I do this? The machine is a Compaq Presario SR1920LA Desk Top.

I was thinking last night the previous OS was 32 bit the one I installed is 64 bit. Would this cause a conflict?

Thanks for the suggestion.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds