Two Versions of Shockwave

Discussion in 'Software' started by anon_private, Apr 10, 2014.

1. anon_private

anon_private Private First Class

While viewing 'Programs and Features' I noticed that I have two versions of Adobe Shockwave Player installed (12.0 qnd 12.1).

I have two browsers installed IE 9, which I do not use; and Firefox, which is the default.

Does this explain the fact that I have two versions of Shockwave, or should I uninstall 12.0?

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You can uninstall the older version 12.0 and keep 12.1 if you find you need Shockwave Player.

I do not have Shockwave Player installed on any computer.

3. anon_private

anon_private Private First Class

Do you know why I have two versions installed?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I suggest you run the uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp, then download the full installer (under the heading Netscape) for a clean install. (It will install it for all browsers.)

Ignore the fact that it says Shockwave Player 11; it is really the latest 12.1 version.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds