Firefox cotext menu search

Discussion in 'Software' started by MKorostoff, Jan 25, 2007.

1. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Remember when right clicking in FF did this:

[​IMG]

Now it does this:

[​IMG]

Any one know of an extention to change it back? 9 out of 10 times this is an inconvenience, rather than a convenience.

2. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

I don't see how it's that much of a change, why do you find this a problem? The main difference I see is that it tells you what search engine it will use (which is whatever search engine you have selected in the Search Bar).

3. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

9 out of 10 times, when I highlight something for a right click search, I want a general web search. If the search engine I have selected is something other than google, before I can right click search I have to change the engine. If I'm gonna do that, I might as well just copy and paste and not have the context menu search option.

But this is beyond the point. If you don't know, that's fine, but there's no reason to object to the way I search on my browser.

4. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Previously, you had no choice but to use Google. Now, you have a choice. If you want it to use Google, switch the Search Bar back to Google after using other search engines.

I don't think there is an extension to change this back to the former behavior. I could be wrong, I suggest you register on the the Mozillazine Forums, post about this in the Firefox Extensions forum there: http://forums.mozillazine.org/

Some one there will know if there is such an extension, you might even find someone there who would create one.

I wasn't criticizing the way you search, I just didn't understand what your point was.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds