Hello and Help!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Rena, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Rena

Rena Private E-2

Hi! Today is the first I've ever seen of your site, and I'm in a pickle, so it was perfect timing. While I never considered myself a computer moron, my computer has recently decided to contradict that notion. I just bought myself an iPod. I tried downloading iTunes, and I get an message: "HTTP 403 Forbidden, the website declined to show you this page." Now I keep getting that for everything including email attachments and your link to CCleaner. I tried fiddling with my computer and asked some of my more computer-savvy students for tips, but nothing has worked. I have XP and have never had this kind of problem. Please Help!!!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.:)

Repost your question in the software forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

You will get more views and hopefully more help there than here in the welcome forum.

One thing you can do that's easy though, just to start with, is make sure it's not your firewall blocking you. If you haven't tested that, turn it off and try one of your downloads.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi and Welcome aboard :)

G

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds