world of warcraft keeps gettin errors.

Discussion in 'Software' started by kira999, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

hello, as my title says i keep getting errors with world of warcraft either when im trying to install or patching. here is my dxdiag

now the tech support for wow said i should run a windows memory diagnostic tool and i have , for 8 hours +/- and it found nothing wrong with my memory. i also ran the chkdsk command from RUN and it found 0 bad sectors but it did says " windows found problems with the file system" ,

also let me post what errors i get from wow when i try to install/ patch

this is 1 of the errors i got while downloading. -- An error was detected while verifying the contents of the file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\common.MPQ". There may be a problem with your system, or with the drive at C:\. You can attempt to install again. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

and this 1 i got also while downloading OR patching -- "The installer was unable to read the file "D:\Installer Tome 2.mpq". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at D:\--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The data being read was "MPQs-1\FullInstallLK\Data#common-2.MPQ\World\Maps\Kalimdor\Kalimdor_31_38.adt", and the error code was 0.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (Converter::Load)"

i have tried everything and the only problem seems to be those windows problem with the file system. i tried the command CHKDSK / R or something so it would fix it and it ran and appears it didn't fix so i hope someone can help me with this . thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

thank you for answering me so quickly.i deleted my antivira anti virus and i was able to dl / patch the game up with no problem but now i get problems when i run there repair tool because it keeps fixing something everytime i run. and i tested this out by running that repair tool literally 10 times in a row and all times it found something to fix, also it keeps making me revert back to a previous version of wow. earlier on today i ran start/run/cmd/CHKDSK
    command and it showed that i have no bad sectors but it did say , "windows has found problems with the file system." so im wondering if my harddrive is broken , the really sad thing is i only had my computer a month its supposed to be brand new.

4. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

since i cant edit ima have to update like this . i ran this program called HD-tune , it scanned my harddrive for like 1 hour and found no errors or problems everything was OK.soo im running outa ideas. i ran the windows memory diagnostic tool for 8 hours it found nothing i ran this it found nothing i deleted my Avira anti virus and i was able to dl/ patch but now im gettin some new error anddd like i explained earlier it keeps fixing stuff and making me pretty much downgrade to an earlier version and repatch and it keeps doing that so ya.

5. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

It's an issue with data throughput , somewhere along the chain there's a corruption. You need to start with the process of elimination and reinstall WOW with new IDE/SATA cables with a new optical drive. Then check for packet loss before downloading the patches.

In a shop this would be easy but if your in your home this may be difficult and possibly cost a bit, especially if it does not fix the issue!

In this case I'd research PC Repair shops in the area , call and ask if they are savvy with WOW and gaming related issues and let them do the diagnosis which should only cost around 30 bucks or so. Then run with their suggestions because they will do what I'm talking about and you can spare yourself the headache.

Also if your lucky enough to find a tech that plays WOW he would be more than happy to help a fellow gamer.

Cheers and good luck mate!

6. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

ahaha thanks for responding, hopefully i can find a shop like this around here hahah . but my comps new y do i keep gettin these curruptions =\ , its ironic to ima warlock so i use the curruption move alot :( ..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  7. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

lol.... I hate Warlocks!

/poke.

8. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

i did to till i get felguard ftw.. but no i dont got any of em shops around here.. im afraid i got no choice but to quit wow.. sad really a 1 month old comp and i cant even play this game :(

9. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

Did you build it or was it built by a manufacturer like HP or Dell?

If it was built by a company I'd get on the phone and raise hell till they sent you another one.

10. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

uhh i got my comp from velocitymicro i did call and they ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and the other thing for me and non came up with any errors , i dnno wat else they can do for me, and i got 30 days to return and its been like 38 days so ya =\.

11. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

crap dude , I'd still raise hell.

12. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

i was thinkin of doing that, but thers NOTHING wrong with my system i can show u my dxdiag if u want it shows no errors or nothing so they would probably say your mad that a game isnt working but the computer works fine. i really dnno wat to do anymore

13. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

I know but hey , you bought it to specifically play WOW with and can't do that , so there's something wrong , you have tried a clean reinstall of Wow right?.

14. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

o god man u got no idea wat ive tried already. i got wow 2 weeks ago and i tried installing the 3 disks and as soon as i started dling the first 1 it came up with an error at like 90 % complete so i was ticked but i finally pushed it thru till all 3 dled like 8 hours later with all the patches.. i then ran ther repair thing and it said my stuff was to badly damaged and i needed to reinstall it. so i did that around literally 7 diff times. today i just deleted my anti virus and turned of stuff from opening with windows that i wont need cept the important components, i dnno wats up , i just checked all my stuff is ok, both my memory sticks r the same brand/speed/ everything is how it should be so i dnno y the hell it keeps gettin currupted.. i really dnno. im at a loss man.. really am =\

15. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

I bet it's a faulty optical drive or cabling , I'm 100% sure. but if that didn't fix it , faulty mainboard.

I'd put my good name in our highly successful shop on it.

16. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

err.. how do i fix this faulty shit.

17. wiebelhaus

wiebelhaus Private E-2

Here's a link for testing the optical drive But a new DVD burner from newegg.com is hella cheap (order the cabling to) We sale them at our shop for 50$ after mark up with cables and that's a DL/DVD/CD Sony drive.

Then reinstall WOW and the patches , I bet that fixes it.

18. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

problem is i didnt dl the game thru disks this time i did it thru ther main site from the web. so ya, i also thought it was the disks at first but it cnt be them since im still gettin errors even without using them =\.

19. kira999

kira999 Private E-2

also another problem is i dnno how to install stuff >_> like this stuff im to nervous about taking apart the comp and putting new stuff in lol..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds