Guess what i got!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-15281db623, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Today i picked up a copy of "My Life" by Bill Clinton. I got it from Barbara's Book store down town Chicago. I also received a ticket for a guarenteed signing by Clinton him self. I think this is really cool! It was worth the 2 hour wait! On July 1st i get to camp overnight at the store to get to the front. It is going to awesome to be part of history!

:cool:

cooked

2. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Have fun. :)

3. Anon-15281db623

Thanks i will. I cant wait to meet him. He is one of my Idols! Just being in the same room would be great! I hope he will shake my hand!

cooked

4. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Just don't stake your tent to the sidewalk. The police frown on that. ;)

5. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

If he offers you a cigar don't take it. :D

6. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

good for you!

id just like to ask that just once a thread like this does not become a political debate. lets simply be happy for overcooked

7. Anon-15281db623

Jeeze now how am i going to keep it down in the "Windy City"

8. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

Sweet ass. I heard some good things about it yesterday on the news, so I think I'll also pick it up...Probably on friday.

On the topic of autobiographies, I would have to say that the absolute most interesting one I've read was Marilyn Manson's. I read it in two days, cover to cover....Don't know why, but it just popped in my head.

Back on topic:

Wish I could meet ol' Billy J Clinton too. It should be quite the experience.

9. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Now that sounds awesome.
    I think I might have to go buy that. Theres something very interesting I find about Marilyn Manson. Hes so different. I like that.

10. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

I saw the "60 Minutes" piece w/ Clinton. Should be quite a story.
    I think I'll wait for the library to get it, or, wait for paperback.

Then again, any reading not on computer stuff is reading not on computer stuff :)

Congrats on the slot in line.

11. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

bwaahaahaahaa!

12. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Don't worry. I'm sure he will. :cool:

13. Anon-15281db623

Yesterday was the book signing in Chicago. I left at 4am and was in line by 5. Luckly i got there early, over 2000 people showed up and i was number 87 in line! Mr. Clinton was about 45min late so the booksigning didnt take place to 2pm. Wow was it hot in the sun too! :eek:

It was a really cool experience and i would do it again anytime. There where hundreds of news crews there and i was on 4 tv stations!

The room he was in was crazy! Secret Service was everywhere, and there where reporters smashed into a tiny area, all had cameras and mics.

I was able to talk to him for about 15 seconds, and i shook his hand! Below is a pic of the signature!

cooked

Attached Files:

• sig.jpg
      sig.jpg
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
  14. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

That sounds fun. I mean, on a scale of people to meet, he wouldnt be high on my list... But it's great you got to meet someone YOU look up to... or whyever.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds