Intel Game Rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abbtheba, Apr 25, 2007.

1. abbtheba

abbtheba Private E-2

2. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

3. sheesh721

4. sheesh721

5. sheesh721

I'd be cautious about a recertified harddrive, especially one from Western Digital. I'd recommend going with a non refurbed or a slightly smaller (400GB) in a better brand (Seagate).

6. sheesh721

The way I look at it is you're spending over $1000 as it is. If you spend an extra $25 you can get a core 2 duo system with a more stable and modern motherboard.

7. sheesh721

8. sheesh721

Basically I would shell out an extra $5 on the memory, $9 on the processor and find a compatible motherboard which will probably raise your motherboard cost an extra $10.

I strongly recommend it. The parts you selected are good, they're just a bit dated.

9. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

ya know, you can always just add another post to your old thread rather than making a whole new one...it will make sure that more people can monitor your build, hence you will get more help and opinions. post that new link to the updated wish list in your other thread

10. abbtheba

abbtheba Private E-2

thank you for all of the help. I will update my rig and re-post. All of the advice was greatly apreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds