Windows XP Networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AirWarrior001, Apr 17, 2003.

1. AirWarrior001

AirWarrior001 Private E-2

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my windows xp networked computers. Some of them ask me to provide a password to access the computer through Network Neighborhood. The problem is I never set a password, and I don't know where to change it.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

okay, well i have basically the same problem, but as i dont really use file sharing at home i havnt addressed it properly. if you activate the anonymous guest account on the computer you are trying to connect to you will have no password prompt, i think.... its a workaround and inevitabley makes your computer less secure, but it works when i need it to.

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

We sometimes have that problem with a 98 computer trying to connect to a 2000 server. But I think its because the 98 computer has NetBEUI installed and the 2000 server doesn't.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds