Need help enabling advanced options on my Sigma Tel C-Major Audio sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MunchiesMommie, Mar 15, 2009.

1. MunchiesMommie

MunchiesMommie Private E-2

I had to restore my laptop a few months ago, I got a virus that wouldn't allow Windows to load, I spent months trying to fix it with no luck, so I wiped it and installed Vista. I've updated all my drivers from the Dell website (my laptop is an Inspiron 9100), but the audio is severely lacking now. It's plenty loud, but the subwoofer doesn't seem to be enabled, I don't have the option to change the treble/bass/balance anymore under my sound mixer.

I tried going into the registry and enabling some stuff, but I guess I didn't find the right key to enable. Has anyone dealt with this before? It used to have awesome sound, and now it's tinny and almost painful to listen to - like a cheap boombox.

Any help would be appreciated! oh, and I'm fairly new to the hardware fixes, so if I haven't provided enough info, just let me know and I'll get it for you. Thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Try installing Dell's QuickSet software (download from this link) and maybe try a different version of the same STAC9750 audio driver (other version listed at this link). Good luck! :-D I hope this helps!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds