Computer shutdown

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Basta, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Basta

Basta Private E-2

woke up this morning and my computer was shutdown (i never turn it off). So tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't work, so i turned the power supply switch to off, then to on and still wouldn't work. I unplugged the ac wire from the power supply, plugged it back turned on my computer and it work!!!

But it shutdown after 2 minutes. So i did the same thing as i previously did (plugged, unplugged, bla bla...) worked for another 2 minutes. the third time i decided to unplugged my network cable and it works perfectly since then (I'm on another computer right now)

Also last week, I had trouble with my usb mouse (stopped working on that computer, but it works perfectly on my other computer)

Any advice on what's happening to my computer? Could it be the power supply not strong enough or aging?

Thanks in advance

ps: you'll have to excuse my poor english since it's not my primary language

2. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

A possabilty, is that your cpu is over heating, which will cause a shutdown. this happened to a friend, he kept on trying ti reboot this way and lost his cpu. Just a stab, but you never know. what happens if every thing is ok, then rehook up your internet?:confused:

3. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

I agree with Jazagod. Overheating seems the most likely explanation. Take the top/side off your PC case and check the CPU cooling fan is spinning correctly and it isn't all gunked up.

4. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

I think it is a PSU failure, make sure all your fans are spinning, especially the psu fan, my dads computer died this way 2 weeks ago and it turned out the psu fan had stopped and it basicly fried the psu, what type of computer do you have ie:hp pavillion 750n

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds