SP2 Firewall Dependencies??

Discussion in 'Software' started by catsfive, Sep 8, 2004.

1. catsfive

catsfive Private E-2

Hi, everyone,

I see that there is some discussion about the SP2 Firewall, and although I've looked to see if my question is answered, it isn't. I've done some research on this and can't figure out what I need to know.

What are the XP SP2 Firewall's dependencies? I cannot use some of my file sharing programs, etc., until I open their ports, but I cannot access the Firewall from the control or through the Microsoft Security Centre. But I go to the services In the control panel and tried to start the firewall service, although it is said to a manic, it will not start. Again they are saying that its dependencies cannot be found, which of course leads me to believe that there are some other services that the firewall depends on. What are those? Anyone know? I like to be able to turn them on selecting get into the firewall to open the ports I want.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!

C5

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Does this help?

3. catsfive

catsfive Private E-2

Hi,

Very cool. Thanks for looking that up. That does help. Still, it didn't solve my problem. I cannot start WMI or the Firewall service. RPC is running. Any clues? I want to get into this sucker and turn it off. What are WMI's dependencies? Maybe that would help me?

C5

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You can go to services.msc

Go to properties of said service, and go to dependencies tab.

I can post screenies when I get home.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds