Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by justyouraveragejoe, Oct 24, 2005.

1. justyouraveragejoe

justyouraveragejoe Private E-2

2. star17

star17 MajorGeek

I wish someone would post something original :rolleyes:

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Please don't take this the wrong way, maybe i'm the only one that doesn't see what you meant by that?? So...what do you mean by that????

I would say that it is MOST DEFINATELY a scam!! Being that I just went for an interview this morning which required my DMV record, which I went to get ath the local DMV friday morning, and I had to have ID (ofcourse) and $12.00!!!! And it was a state level job!! So I would safely say that it is a way to get personal information...and I would report it!!!!

Roger

4. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Roger...jeezus, it's a gag :rolleyes:

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Roger...try using the link before posting ;)

6. justyouraveragejoe

I didn't use the link because I was afraid it was a virus or something if I typed my name in.

7. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Ok...My bad...I did look at the link...but I obviously didn't read it very good!!

That being the case...I was just trying to help the guy out!! I must have left my sense of humor elsewhere today!!! :eek:

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I don't believe this.... :rolleyes:

@Kaula...you know my full name?? ;) Actually I can ride any sized motorbike I want :D

9. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Oh no! I must have rubbed off on you the other day. ;)

10. justyouraveragejoe

Oh man, am I an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. star17

star17 MajorGeek

No, you're not an idiot, just being cautious. Many people aren't, and we usually get to know them in the Spyware Forum ;)

However, that site does have uncanny accuracy :D

Attached Files:

12. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

I don't know what it is today!!!! I've been called on SEVERAL things today!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

What can I say!! It's just one of those days where you're just simply not all there!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Oh well...tomorrows another day!!

Good night everyone!!

Roger

13. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Funny that. Exactly the same details came up when I put my 19 year old son's details in ;)

@Roger....I don't think I'm ever all there hun :cool:

14. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

My goodness, Lev, what happened to your hair! :D

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

They replaced my HRT with steroids and didn't tell me ;)

16. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I thought everyone had seen that. Every couple of years either that one or the one that says new technology can send heat waves to your monitor to record your image - goes around and everyone is like... AWESOME... wich is Ironic, because the whole premise is you're a monkey so - you prove it in trying to deny it.

Someone needs to make something new to make the public make asses of themselves.

17. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

LOL..thing is Wenchie...many don't need any help at all ;)

18. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

That's the point I mean, go outside... it's often more amusing.

But there should be some gag site that records the people who went there - like a wall of shame for people who fell for it. So we can point and laugh.

19. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Star and Richard Simmons DO have the same hairdresser!!!!

:rolleyes:

20. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

That gag site's a few years old now. You're supposed to get real skeered, and then it comes up with the Ape licence thang.

I just wonder how many humanoids will go to the Transport Dept. and tell them they got their licence all wrong, heh!, heh! :rolleyes: ;)

That, and the one that has a picture to concentrate on, and then has a monster face spring out and scream are the oldest gags in book.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds