Free download to copy program files onto CD or DVD?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dazedandconfuzed, May 23, 2010.

1. dazedandconfuzed

dazedandconfuzed Private First Class

Hi Ya'll. Just wondering...I have been using my daughter's pc while working on mine (died because of an mbr infection). Now, thanks to majorgeeks ;), I have my pc up and running again. My daughter has a Hewlett-Packard photo program I would love to have on my pc. She can't find her CD for that program. Is there any free software download that would allow me to copy that program and install it onto my pc? I have a flash drive, but it can't handle a file that large. I did actually copy the file onto a CD, but I don't know how to install it onto mine.

Anyone with any ideas? (In easy to follow instructions. Hence my user name! When it comes to this pc stuff, I am usually dazed and confused! :-D)

Thanks in advance guys...you ROCK!!

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

What is the application? A copied, installed/extracted application will not work! Do you have the setup.exe?
    Cheers..

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The HP Photo program had to come from one of three sources:
    a) the computer is an HP and was installed at the factory
    b) your daughter owns an HP printer (could be a scanner as well) and this was installed as part of the printer software installed
    c) your duaghter owns an HP camera and the program came on the CD with the camera.

If it is item b or c, find the install disk and install either the printer/scanner or camera software on your computer.

Perhaps something like this?
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ftwareitem=ps-49082-1&os=2100&product=3328023

What is the complete name and version number of the program?

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

My HP M525 camera installed automatically once I plugged it into my HP machine with the USB cable.
    No disk needed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds