2 configurations of Firefox possible?

Discussion in 'Software' started by rodin123, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rodin123

rodin123 Private E-2

Been reading a lot about privacy protection. Problem is if I install those privacy protectors, I can't work because I have to visit government websites as part of my work. I was wondering whether it is possible to have 2 different configurations (copies?) of Firefox running at once so that I use the less protected for the government sites and more for all other purposes. Can anybody help?

FYI: I run Win7, Windows Firewall, AVG antivirus, Super Antispyware and, in Firefox, NoScript and AdBlock Plus. I can't use Better Privacy, DoNotTrackMe, and other extensions because the govt.sites won't open with them.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Better Privacy - I've been keeping up with malware for years and IMHO when it comes to cookies they do much more good then bad. Any malicious cookies you might encounter should be blocked by one of (or more) with SAS, AVG, ABP or NoScript.

Do Not Track Me - You are already blocking ad tracking by blocking ads with ABP + NoScript.

You are pretty well of as is. Security is good but like anything else you can go over board with it if you aren't careful. Too much security can and will become counter-productive.

4. rodin123

rodin123 Private E-2

Thanks. I was recently advised that what I was doing was not enough so I was looking at more but your reply means I can relax (at least a bit :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds