Dell Latitude c600 mainboard questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ld333, Oct 26, 2004.

1. ld333

ld333 Private E-2

My mainboard got wet and sticky. I suspect my roommate spilled soda in the vicinity. Anyways, I have a Dell Latitude c600. 1ghz/256 sdram/10gigs

I'm sure that's not nearly enough information, but I will note that searching for this mainboard appeared easy at first on ebay, however, most people are only offering a mainboard that supports up to 850ghz cpu. Apparently, the main boards that support up to 1ghz are harder to come by and more expensive.

What happens if I stick the 1ghz P3 cpu into such a mainboard? Ultimately, I'd like to just buy a new laptop, but if I can fix this for 150 bucks as a new mainboard purchase on ebay would suggest, I'd be happy.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-LD

2. d0ct0rg0d

d0ct0rg0d Private E-2

Hey I'm taking apart a perfectly good Dell Latitude C840 Laptop right now for part and such (more is explained if you find my first post) but if you do research and find some of the parts are compatible with yours we can probably work something out and maybe save you quite a few bucks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds