i want to start new on my laptop please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjthekings, Feb 23, 2009.

1. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major:major NEW:):):):):):)

i want to start new because there is so much rubbish on it and i might have a virus but i dont have the cd thing so can any majorgeek/s help me plz

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

you will need the original windows cd or get a new one....by chance did the manufacturer put a backup on another partition on the hard drive? maybe a little more info on that computer might help.

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

4. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

No not that im aware off any way i jus wnt it back to factory settings without loseing vista please help guys im counting on you thanx

mjthekings
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

5. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Try answering the questions asked, it will help these nice chaps to help you.

Do you have a recovery disc?

do you have a recovery partition?

What *rubbish* are you talking about ?

6. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

im not sure if its a recovery disk my pc is packard bell and on the disk it says documentation also wats a partition

:):major:major:major:major:major

7. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

8. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

it is a packard bell viseo 191Ws

9. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

it just checks if the disk is workin lol

10. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I think that is the monitor. I need the PC model.

Edit: Wait you said it's a laptop, all my searches for that model come up with a PB monitor :s

11. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

ohh ok wait a min;)

12. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

i cant find it any where in my packard bell books it just says PACKARD BELL

13. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

Ehat about the model name

14. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

It must say somewhere, maybe on the bottom of the laptop? should be a manufacturer sticker giving this info. Product ID? Product Number?

Edit: Ehat what? o_O

15. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

What about the model name lol ehat

16. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

Yer i know my laptop is ok now.

When i search it up it comes up with my pc

17. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Explosive Hazard Awareness Team?

Ohhhhh you meant to type "What"? lmao sorry my bad.

18. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Your problem is solved?

19. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

What do u mean my problem is solved ohh my laptop is fixed its my pc that is wrong?

20. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Ah ok, well back to the original question then......do you have a recovery cd?

What do you need to get rid of?

If it's just cluttered then you could just delete the crap you don't want, unistall progs you don't want, run anti virus, anti spyware, ccleaner and defrag.

21. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

No i dont have one

also i need to get rid of everything like factory settings when i first brought it

22. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

I have a documentation cd but it dont do any thing by the way thanx for ur help

23. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

You need to get rid of factory settings? why? Oh you mean you want to take back to factory settings.

Sounds like you want to format the whole thing and install a fresh copy of XP. (you will need an XP full disc for that)
    You will also need all the mobo and vid card drivers etc so you will need to know what mobo it is first and formost.

24. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

My pc has vista

25. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

Can u tell me wat mobo is

26. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Mobo = short term for motherboard.

You have Vista? This is still a Packard Bell we are talking about yes? So it's pretty new?

Can you find it here?

http://www.packardbell.com/

27. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

Re: i want to start new on my PC please help

ohh yes its quite new. if u go on that site u gave me it click on (TOP LEFT CORNER) PRODUCTS UNDER DESKTOPS ITS IMEDIA

28. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

29. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

Can u do wat the person says in the forum on the first link and give me the link to what u have done please thanx for ur help

30. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

31. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

I cant find it on my packard bell pc

32. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Ok from what I've read, you need to hit F11 or F12 on start up (you may have to be tapping it from the moment it fires, before you get to windows screen) to bring up the option for recovery Partition.

However, I don't know how correct this is so I suggest if the machine is still pretty new then you contact Packard Bell for official instruction.

33. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

didnot work :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry lol

can you search every where to try to download Packard Bell Recovery Management please and post the link plz:):):):):):):):):):):)

34. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

lol you ever hear of google?
    I already have and everything points to Packard Bells website.

Seriously, go on their website and ask, so I've read it's on there to download but I can't get past the Serial number screen because I don't have a PB.

http://support.packardbell.com/global/

See?

35. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

i cant find it any where

please help me

36. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

37. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

that first link program is for windows xp only

38. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

39. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

I'm sorry, but this thread is just becoming too hilarious.

I'm convinced that the OP is suffering from a severe case of cranial-rectal insertion.:-D

40. mjthekings

mjthekings Private E-2

lol not u fagot

41. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

I don't want to bump this thread, but... It's 6:30 am this side of the globe. And thanks to MG I laughed out loud. Great way to start a day. Thanks & Cheers...

42. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

The site is down for maintenance...I'm sorry dudue but I have to laugh at that. Sorry for the XP links, my bad, but follow the links to Vista. And once again you would be much much better off talking to PB about this, they built it.
    Did you get it from PC World?......If I remember right PB is their brand, only ever known 2 people who bought them, both vowed never to go near PC World again lol

@Other 2 posters.....come on guys, don't be mean :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds