ECS MCP61PM-HM and keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by 26impulse26, Nov 1, 2008.

1. 26impulse26

26impulse26 Private E-2

Hello,

I have an Hp Pavilion a6000 6040.tr Desktop PC. It came with Vista. But it was so slow that I removed Vista and installed XP Pro Sp2. But now there are problems.

First problem is no sound. The motherboard is "ECS MCP61PM-HM". This motherboard has an onboard ALC888 8 channel high-definition audio.

Where ever I searched for the XP drivers for sound I came on with the Realtek HD drivers. I installed them but would not work. I installed the latest DirectX. Still would not work. I uninstalled them and reinstalled, still no change. There is no sound.

And I also have a second keyobard problem. The PC came with an HP 5189 keboard. But after the XP downgrade, the short-cut keys on the keyboard would not work. I searched for the proper XP drivers for it, but I found nothing.

Where can I download the proper XP Pro Sp2 drivers for the sound and keyboard?

Help is highly appreciated.

Cheers...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks :major
    For the sound: Uninstall all currently installed sound drivers and reboot. Then install your chipset drivers and reboot when prompted. Then install KB888111 which is the Microsoft HiDef Universal Audio Add-On. When that's done, install the RealTek HiDef Audio Drivers and reboot when the install finishes. That should fix the audio.

For the keyboard:
    I downloaded the Vista driver for the keyboard and extracted it. I looked through several of the INF and INI files and I see no reason why it won't work for Windows XP since Windows XP is mentioned liberally throughout most of the files. You can download it from here. If that doesn't work, you can try this driver which is for XP, but I'm not sure it's for your exact keyboard, but it is from HP and it is supposedly for all HP multimedia/internet/one touch keyboards, so it should work.

Good luck!!

Let us know how it goes!

[dlb]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. 26impulse26

26impulse26 Private E-2

Hello,

Thank you very much for the message but unfortunately there is still no sound. I did everything you mentioned above in a row. Yet the sound and keyboard problem still exists.
    First the keyboard short-cut keys got energized. And then I wanted to make a fresh install of XP when the sound did not work. Because I thought that there would be clashing or incompatible drivers remaning from my previous driver installation attempts. Thus, I reinstalled XP and reinstalled every driver again you mention above but this time the keyboard drivers were not installed for some reason and the keyboard short cut keys do not work again. I cannot reload neither of the above mentioned keyboard drivers after the fresh install of XP. But before it was installed. Why it wont get installed after the fresh XP installation? This is so strange.

I am really plunged into a stupid trouble with this PC that I am exhausted because of trying to solve this sound and keyboard issue.

I wonder if it might be possible to reinstall Vista? I do not have a recovery CD/DVD. But the recovery partition on the hard drive is still there. Is there a way to recover Vista from this partition? Is it possible to make this partition boot able? Because, normally on the start up of the PC, when I hit the F11 key, the vista should be loading, yet after I over wrote the vista installation I think it damaged some sort of file that establishes the link of F11 key to a recovery file that's in the recovery partition. Maybe there might be a way to fix this?

4. 26impulse26

26impulse26 Private E-2

I found something called "Super Grub Disk" which is a program, which I guess is for re-activating the "recovery partition" where the vista recovery was saved.

But I am not a computer geek thus I do not know how it would be used.

Please check this link >> http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/index.php?topic=190.0

Can anyone tell me what is a Super Grub Disk. Where can I download it? I have a smilar problem that is told on the link I gave above yet I installed XP over Vista which is the altering part of my problem. The recovery partition still stays there and maybe I would some how boot it using this "Super Grub Disk". But I do not know how to use it. Can anyone help?

Cheers...

5. 26impulse26

26impulse26 Private E-2

Hello,

I just wanted to mention that I menaged to recover vista creating a super grub disk by downloading from the site http://www.supergrubdisk.org

Any person having my problem can recover their vista from the recovery partition by reading trough that site.

Cheers.

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I didn't mean to bail out on ya.... :-o Sorry :innocent I'm glad to hear you got it figured out, and you provided us with what appears to be a very helpful link and some good info regarding the Super Grub Disk. Nice work. You'll be a geek yet LOL

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds