LINUX - Sending Mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by cpope67, Oct 18, 2004.

1. cpope67

cpope67 Private E-2

I am running linux (mandrake) and need to setup a script to send a test email every hour using cron. Cron is not my problem, the mail command is. I tried this:

mail "name@domain.com" -s "test email"

at this point I want "`date`" to be the body of the email and then send. But I can't get it to without manually doing `date` and the "Enter" and the "Control-D" and then go through the "Cc" of which I don't even want.

I am sure this is fairly simple but I am new to Linux and not up to speed on all the command switches, etc.

Thanks for any help.

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

I am not sure...I am new to Linux myself. If you haven't already, try posting this same message on www.LinuxQuestions.org.

Good Luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds