I need a new camcorder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

My younger brother is interested in theater and movies and such and he wants a nice little camcorder to make small movies with to post on his myspace and share with friends. He also wants to get into some video editing. I figured it would be a great Christmas gift so I need some recommendations. I have absolutely no knowledge about this subject so anything you pass along would be fantastic. I have about a $300 cap, and I really just want something easy for him to use, and edit video, and something where he won't have to keep buying new dvds or replaceable media to record to. I'm guessing he will want to have at least two hours of footage time available for recording so something in that range. (If that’s even possible)

If you can pass along any information that would be helpful, that would be great. Like i said, I have no idea what I'm looking for. :)

Thanks much!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Thanks for that link, it really helped. I'm going with a small cam from BestBuy that has SD Memory support. I have extra rewards points so I figure I'll get a 2GB stick and that should be more than enough for him to play around with. It should be easy to transfer the recordings to the computer for editing with USB as well.

What do you suggest as good video editing software?

Thanks!

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Don't forget digital camera's, although I'd try before buying. Many modern digital cameras also have the AV feature. I tried using mine like that and ran into a problem, holding your finger on the button for 15 minutes sucks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds