won authentication failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by klassekock, Mar 17, 2003.

1. klassekock

klassekock Private E-2

everytime I try to play CS over the internet I get this messege "Won authentication failure, you can not use this CD-key on the VALVE network"...I've used this CD-key to play on the servers I've been trying to connect to for more then two years. Why doesn't it work now? Where can I find another CD-key that'll work on WON?

2. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

Dont use illegal software. Go out and buy Half-Life then get the CS mod.

3. klassekock

klassekock Private E-2

I HAVE THE LEGAL VERSION!!!! That's why I'm so confused. I've bought the "Best Seller series HAlf-life"....But it's THAT CD-Key that doesn't work. How am I supposed to fix this?

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

contact VALVe about this, if you've loaned your HL cd, you're screwed.

5. dalic

dalic Private E-2

uhm loaning cd key is only a problem if you try to play on the same server as someone with the cd key, or you where banned as a cheater with your won-id... which could exclude you from playing cs with your key..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds