CAR NEWS: Cash for Clunkers Law

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by drifterer101, Jun 15, 2009.

1. drifterer101

drifterer101 Private E-2

Hey there! glad to be here! :cool

Did some of you Guys heard this news:

The House approved a "cash for clunkers" bill that aims to boost new auto sales by allowing consumers to turn in their gas-guzzling cars and trucks for vouchers worth up to $4,500 toward more fuel-efficient vehicles. President Barack Obama has encouraged Congress to approve consumer incentives for new car purchases as part of the government's work to restructure General Motors and Chrysler. The House approved the bill 298-119.

What can you say about this issue? rolleyes hmmm.....

Check complete details here: http://www.carnewsreport.org/

and feel free to drop a comment! :p

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

I was ever able to buy a nice car in my life time time yet:cry I am still in the early 90's

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

I heard of it too, what they aren't telling you is what that nice new car is going to cost you... Sign your life away, both arms, and legs, and your first born too! Too rich for my blood...:(

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am not sure whose idea it is but the same scheme is running in the UK

5. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Yeah, I've read about that 'incentive' also and being that this is a family forum I won't express my thoughts about it!!;) However, if it's all the same to you Mr President, I'm going to hang on to my 3-ton, gas guzzling, low MPG, German made tank that, I may add is fully paid for, until the wheels fall off!! Sorry Mr. President, but I DO respectfully decline your 'kind' offer to get further into debt for something I have NO desire for.:wave

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

With you on that Stubby.
    If I wanted a plastic car, it would be Mattel.

7. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Well, now it's official!! http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...xNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNjYXNoLWNsdW5rZXJz

What I find amazing about this whole asinine idea is, we have been destroying this old planet for countless years with nukes, fossil fuel emissions, chemicals, etc. and now our 'leaders' think that by putting us all in plastic cars with lower emissions is going to save this old Earth?? In my opinion, our 'leaders' needed to get their heads out of their butts long before now IF they wanted to make a difference. This is a prime example of "too little....too late!!" I know I sound like a fatalist, but that's how I see it!

8. I own a 1988 Uno Turbo and I tell you one thing, it is in no way shape or form falling victim to Cash for Clunkers.

9. Weathermann

Weathermann Private First Class

Well, my winter beater (1994 Chevy Cavalier) is anything but a gas guzzler. Sure, it has a little rust here & there, but after working some of the minor bugs out of it, it's been running like a champ. Far better driving this car on the icy snow-packed roads than my rear wheel drive Ranger pickup. And the ABS still works great too. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds