monitor not displaying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sryb, Oct 28, 2005.

1. sryb

sryb Private E-2

i got some new ram and installed it. when i plugged everything back in, the monitor would not display anything. when i unplugged the cable from the video card, i could hear the sound as if it has turned off/unplugged it. my monitor is fine, i unplugged it and checked and it said it was fine. All that starts up are the fans. im not sure if the hard drive starts, also the keyboard lights do not come on.

btw video card fan does come on

a7n8X deluxe motherboard
    AMD 2500+
    1x512 XMS corsair 3200 (i was trying to add anther 512 stick)
    PNY 6800gt 256

and it does not work when i remove the second stick of ram either :(

2. petemate

petemate Private First Class

can you get it working by taking out the new stick?

3. sryb

sryb Private E-2

yeah i tried that, it didnt work :(

4. petemate

petemate Private First Class

is there an onboard vga out you can plug into to see if it's just your card that's the problem. it's possible that you've blown the card when you touched the components. static is not a pc owners friend. check all your connections too. it's probably something simple. My pc's died more than once, and i always got it back without replacing anything.

5. sryb

sryb Private E-2

no there is no onboard. im just going to try it on another computer. ill get back to you asap :) thanks for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds