Help - JAVA applet won't load!

Discussion in 'Software' started by JeanneM, Sep 17, 2006.

1. JeanneM

JeanneM Private E-2

In the process of premoving some Spyware (following instructions on this site), I installed the latest Sun JAVA version. Then I uninstalled all old versions of JAVA .. and Microsoft Virtual Machine.

Now an applet on one of the sites I use most often won't load at all. (It's an FTP applet for access to my domain files on the godaddy.com)

If GoDaddy is dependent upon Microsoft VM, am I screwed? Can I download it somewhere and reinstall it?

I wrote to them and they weren't very helpful .. pointing me to an the FTP site (that doesn't seem to work yet either) .. and that I uninstall JAVA completely and then reinstall it (saying it might be a configuration issue). But theirs is the -only- site I'm having trouble with.

HELP!!

2. JeanneM

JeanneM Private E-2

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

4. JeanneM

JeanneM Private E-2

IT WORKED ... I could KISS you :)

The key must be uninstalling ALL versions of JAVA.

I rebooted after uninstalling and ran CCleaner immediately before Reinstalling. (I'm having this problem with my Laptop too .. so now I need to copy the Java update to a CD to run it there.)

5. JeanneM

JeanneM Private E-2

After ALL of that .. I had to reinstall Microsoft Virtual Machine .. because my antiquated QuickBooks 2002 program needs it! (I know I need to update that software .. but JEEZ they charge so dang much for accounting software that I hate to do it until I must.)

Luckily the installation program is included on the QuickBooks installation CD. Unfortunately it's too big to attach here. Would MajorGeeks like to have it? Send me an email and I'll gladly attach it to an email message.

6. JeanneM

JeanneM Private E-2

PS .. if anyone else still uses QuickBooks Basic 2002 and gets a message that msjava.dll is missing, it is because Microsoft Virtual Machine is not present. (It causes the program to freeze up, making it totally unusable, and the only way to exit is with Ctl-Alt-Del)

If you still have your QuickBooks installation CD, you can fix the problem - IF you still have the program installed on your system. Note: Do NOT uninstall the program .. and it doesn't work trying to re-install from the CD. (Intuit doesn't support this old version any longer.)

Explore the CD (either in Windows Explorer or by right-clicking the cd drive in My Computer & selecting Explore).

Open the folder QBooks. Click on the file msjavx86.exe to install Microsoft Virtual Machine. Follow the prompts, rebooting when finished.

Then, go to My Computer and select your hard drive. Open up Program Files and look for the installation location of QuickBooks (mine was in a folder called Intuit). There should be a subfolder where the program was installed. Open it up and scroll down to the file reboot.bat in that subfolder. Click on it.

That should solve your problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds