Acer Aspire M1640

Discussion in 'Software' started by Komodo25, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Komodo25

Komodo25 Private First Class

Hello

I just bought this computer on Saturday, and it kept freezing so I reformatted the harddrive and put Xp on it thinking Vista was the problem, and I like Xp more anyway. but it still freezes. so I called acer support and they wouldnt help me because i got rid of vista home premium. now the problem is the computer didn't come with any recovery cds or anything so i can't put vista back on so they will help me. is there someplace that i can download it? or does anyone have it they could send me? I do have the Vista product code

thanks for the help

2. RuidosoPC

RuidosoPC Private E-2

Did you delete all the partitions including the partition with the recovery? If so you should be able to purchase the recovery cd's from acer.

When you loaded XP where you able to locate all the XP drivers?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  3. Komodo25

Komodo25 Private First Class

yeah i deleted the Acer partition...the Data partition i left but theres nothing on it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds