good app i found-save your winxp registartion info

Discussion in 'Software' started by help, Feb 17, 2004.

1. help

help Corporal

good app i found-save your winxp registartion info

its called rockxp-u can save your xp serial key and activation info for the future, so u dont have to reactivate.

and yes it is legal

dont know if this is the right place but i hope it will come in handy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2004
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If you reinstall, it won't work. Good for hardware changes though.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You might want to observe their linking policy :p

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Actually, you might want to notice they visit us frequently and copied that program from us. They also, according to the author, rejected it previously as did other websites that now suddenly want to post it since we did. Stick to the real source, MajorGeeks. And visit the front page occasionally. Hate to be pissy, but I worked for hours checking this program through and through and these other websites are simply lazy parasites. Below is a few, not all, of the correspondence I had with the author on getting the program posted and fixing a bug I found, which took 3 hours of my Saturday.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4138.html

"Great !!!
    Thanks to you Tim !
    Many website put my soft into their garbage because they said: "It's illegal to change its XP Key, or it's illegal to retrieve it !! I'm happy to find someone who understand that nothing is illegal in this program !!
    Thanks a lot. Now i hope that a lot of people will donwload it !!!!"

"hahahahaha, i've already sent my soft to softpedia and ********* and they didn't publish it....(maybe because it's a sensitive soft for them) and NOW on Softpedia, they talk about RockXP !!!!
    Thanks to you :)
    have a nice week
    K."

"I understand, yes, and i think you make a good job :)
    I upload a new version without the ip showing... So you can update the link...
    http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/Korben_/RockXP.exe
    (the same)
    Thanks a lot !!!
    K."

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  6. Major Attitude

P.S I spent hours analyzing the program because it went out on the internet, something that concerned us. Kodo, Jim and myself tinkered and discussed it for the course of these hours. Eventually, I emailed the author and suggested he remove an admitted buggy line of code that retreived your IP. It was harmless, but not good code and there was no reason this program needed to be flagged by Zone Alarm. If your program has the ip showing and asking for access to the internet, download a new copy from here. It was updated within a couple hours of posting it.

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

yeah.. what he said ;)

8. Major Attitude

I hope help does not think I was being mean to him specifically, just venting in general, but reading it he might think I was and that was nto my intent. I look for and post files 7 days a week, its my main job, I am good at it and often testing takes hours, sometimes days. Some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it still pisses me off some :) My personal favorite is when they take screenshots of a program from here that has my computer name or specific machine listed or better yet, color over the Majorgeeks logo on the screenshot and post it :)

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

damn, now that's lazy!!

10. help

help Corporal

its ok sorry about that, next time ill check on MG if its there

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds