which Realtek Ac97 audio drivers???

Discussion in 'Software' started by jpmad4it, Sep 22, 2005.

1. jpmad4it

jpmad4it Private E-2

hey there

i have a gigabyte Ga-8IK1100 rev2.0 motherboard.

It uses onboard Realtek AC97 audio.

I am looking for the audio drivers, and i found that i can either download them from Realtek or from Gigabyte - im not sure which one to download as the driver file packages differ in size by about ten megs - so im assuming they are different altogether. Which one should i go with?

regards Jonathan

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Personally I'd go with the Mobo makers driver versions, the difference in the driver sizes are generally the non-motherboard ( chipset manufacturer eg. Realtek ) makers drivers are just the driver with non of the added software advanced features.

3. jpmad4it

jpmad4it Private E-2

yeah i thought i should go with the MB drivers. thanks

4. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

USE THE REALTEK DRIVERS!!!! It improves sound SOO much. well that was my case anyways, because they are updated WAY more frequently than mobo drivers are.

5. jpmad4it

jpmad4it Private E-2

are the realtek drivers just the ones they send out in a bundle?

The most recent version i can find is the Realtek AC'97 audio driver package a3.76? Is that correct?

rgds J

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

yes and you can quickly download them from here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4400.html ;)

7. jpmad4it

jpmad4it Private E-2

and i can always roll back the driver if i get probs too - thanks god for windows XP - not :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds