Realtek Driver Problem in Toshiba M600

Discussion in 'Software' started by ganesh123456, May 30, 2010.

1. ganesh123456

ganesh123456 Private E-2

hi,
    i have this same problem with it i formatted my m600 installed xp ,windows 7 installed latest drivers from toshiba's driver site but i can't get my audio back so plz help us it makes me very angry when i don't hear sound from such a beautiful laptop....

plz give sollution

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did this issue just happen, or have you just installed Windows 7 from a previous Windows version onto that PC, so was this a clean fresh install or an upgrade from a previous Windows version as your post tens to allude too, if an upgrade and from XP then XP is not a supported upgrade route and a clean install is advised.

Do you have a direct link to the Windows 7 drivers at Toshiba for your M600 model as from what I find it only came with either XP or Vista, but I maybe looking in the wrong location/country for you?

If a clean install from scratch of Window 7 then try the below.

Check in the BIOS that the Audio device is enabled.
    Check in Service that the Windows Audio Service is Started and set to Automatic.

Check in Device Manager and tell us what items have if any a yellow ! mark by them, if so what as the likely cause is a missing Chipset driver (SMbus etc) as this needs to be install first so that Windows can correctly ID the other hardware drivers, especially Sudio.

Also attach as listed below a log from Speccy

3. ganesh123456

ganesh123456 Private E-2

how to check in Service that the Windows Audio Service is Started and set to Automatic???

4. DavidGP

Hi

Click Start and then in the Start Search box type services and hit enter, then look down the list in services and find the Windows Audio Service and check its set to STARTED and its Startup Type is AUTOMATIC

But please also answer all my other questions as they are to try and help us help you fix this without answering all questions to the best of your ability then it may take a while to fix this if at all.

5. ganesh123456

ganesh123456 Private E-2

ya its working but sometimes it is not working

means the sound came but after restarting two times the icon was there but no sound....

after restarting again the sound was there...

after den audio was again not there ...

this happened with me so any sollution for constant audio....

6. DavidGP

Hi

Without answering all the questions posed above then as its intermittant I can only summise that you have a faulty motherboard and need a new one.

7. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

not a good sign for intermittent, or mobo

8. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Possibly just a loose connector, check all connections, at the speakers and the plug in at the pc. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds