PC Crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Phillys, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Phillys

Phillys Private E-2

Please help my pc crashes during gaming.I'm new to this an recently installed my first game.Painkiller and a wireles pad,saitek p3000,now during play my pc unexpectedly crashes.Microsorf eror report signals a fault with a graphics driver,but there don't sem to be able to give me an update.using an Advent t9 pentium 4,graphics card with dvi-i whatever that means.Any help would be most apreciated.
    thanks Philly :)

2. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

Update your graphics driver to the latest version. If it's nvidia chip go to nvidia.com. If it's ati chip then go to atitech.com and download the latest drivers.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Also, remember to update motherboard drivers. Often updating your video card drivers and DirectX can cause problems without having proper motherboard drivers.

4. Phillys

Phillys Private E-2

thanks guys,
    I've updated the graphics driver,no change,Been in touch with saitek(recently installed siateks p3000 wireless gamepad) they reckon it's there software, something to do with hyperthreading and i should disable this in the bios,any idea how i do this and would it solve the problem,apparently they have some new software coming out soon which will solve this problem,but i should do this in the meantime,
    Cheers
    Philly

5. posr

posr Private E-2

To disable hypterthreading, at bootup, click F9 or del or ESC or whatever your mobo manufacturer designated as the bios config key. Once your in the bios look for the hyperthreading option and go to it using your arrow keys, and when its highlighted press enter. that should disable it. Now if you hit esc or whatever your bio has setup to save and exit, u should do so. Then it may reboot automatically, if not, restart the computer. You will have now successfully disabled hyperthreading. If your still having the problem, I would consult the manufacturer. Usually they like to blame other crap for a faulty product. Most of the time, they will release updated drivers for the item. Please remove/del the old ones before you install the new ones ;)

6. Phillys

Phillys Private E-2

Cheers pal done it and it has solved the probs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds