System Interrupts?

Discussion in 'Software' started by HominSalem, Apr 30, 2012.

1. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

What is it & how do I fix It ???

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

What you mean lol we need more then just two words What windows you running and what are your Specs

3. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

Thanks, I'm using Windows 7 W/ asus motherboard, i5 2500 CPU 16 gbits ram & a AMD Radion 6850 Graphics card. I'm getting a systems interrupt, Deferred procedure calls & hardware interrupts - It's using appr. 95% of one core - 22-23% of my CPU. ??

4. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Do you have any thing that is running continuously in the back round Anti virus malwarebytes Ect

5. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

Other than system programs, all I can think of is Norton.

6. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's usually bad hardware or a bad driver causing 'lag', grabbing the CPU when it should be passing over to something useful ;)

LatencyMon and Resource Manager (from the TaskMan/Performance tab or Start > Run > Perfmon) are useful for tracking down the cause of this.

You have an ASUS 'board, uninstall any motherboard 'utilities' and check that your ATK0110 ACPI driver - if you have one - is later than 2005.

7. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

Thanks, Your tip about drivers seems to be where the problem was. I have all new hardware, so it was unlikely to be there. I have Driver Max Pro & appr. 20-25% of their driver downloads didn't work right. I guess I missed one! I used back-up to put all the originals back - seems to have solved it. Again, Thanks, Larry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds