too many instances of applemobiledevicehelper.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by ghettowhiteboy, Jun 11, 2008.

1. ghettowhiteboy

ghettowhiteboy Private E-2

Every time I start iTunes it slows the computer down majorly cause it starts applemobiledevicehelper.exe about 20 times, and the only way to get the computer to do anything is to shut them down 1 by 1 in the task manager. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Personally I would uninstall iTunes and run a cleanup with CCleaner ( both cleaner and registry scans ) then re-install iTunes and latest version and see how you go.

Which Windows version you using also?

3. ghettowhiteboy

i'm using xp home on a 1.5 256 mb gateway laptop, and i just got done running ccleaner, removing 200+ viruses and then ccleaner again.

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

You do have an Apple Mobile Device, right? If not I believe it should be OK to just delete it via Add/remove programs? I don't think it is necessary for playing iTunes on your PC.

NB: Edit made.

5. ghettowhiteboy

i have a nano /w vid, i considered that but thought it may not be able to sync without it.

6. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

No, in that case you need it. I just googled a bit and looked in on a couple of Apple Forums but it seems that their moderators delete all critical remarks from Apple/Mac/iPod/iPhone/iTunes users. Stupid behavior...

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you have had malware on your PC then you may still have some, but before I direct you to the malware forum and its "Read Me Guide" I would like to ask what application told you you had 200+ virii, and what where their types and names?

Malware could account for a service starting in multiples, especially if uninstall and re-install dont work.

8. ghettowhiteboy

actualy avg removed a few, then i folowed the instructions in the read me guide for malware removal and got rid of the rest. and i didn't note the names, there was everything, avg got rid of trojan downloaders, and the rest got rid of cookies, spyware, worms, browser hijackers, and a bunch of thing that had antispy or antivirus in there names. you wouldn't belive how much the computer's speed up.

oh yea btw you couldn't pay me to put microsoft defender back on here, it didn't find a thing and actualy speed up the computer to take it off.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds