Graphics program not running in XP Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by GLMK, May 14, 2005.

1. GLMK

GLMK Private E-2

I like using Zsoft's Photo Finish V 3.0. However for some reason it has stopped working in XP Pro. I had installed it once before and it worked fine. I had removed it because Adobe's Photoshop kept interfering with me making files in Photo Finsih. Even sometimes corrupting them or I could not cut and paste between them. So I removed both programs to start over. I did not reinstall Photoshop. But when I get Photo Finish installed I get this message.

Message error is: zsoft381.drv not found or not enough memory

Never did that before!

Any ideas? Thanks!

MK

2. mga

mga Private E-2

3. GLMK

GLMK Private E-2

Well,

That didn't work at all. Still get the same message as before.

Those forms are about two years old, maybe someone needs to research this problem or do they know of a more diffiante solution?

Thanks.

4. mga

mga Private E-2

well, i thought maybe the driver they referred to would help you out.

5. GLMK

GLMK Private E-2

It's possible that driver may not be valid or corrupted. Concerning it's in a two year old (maybe older) FTP database.

Thanks anyway.

6. mga

mga Private E-2

maybe, because you are trying to run an outdated program, new windows updates don't allow it to run...just thinking out loud here.

i searched for drivers for that, but didn't find any...

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Zsoft is now out of business so no updates for compatability with XP will be available to help you out, all the drivers and files will be old and most likely as you have found out already of no use.

Have you tried to run Photo Finish in compatability mode and changing it to Windows98? ( Right click the apps .exe and click properties > compatability > run this program... and choose win98 )

Photoshop is still the daddy of photo manipulation with PSP very close IMHO, but their are a few other freebies that are pretty good as they dont go over the top in functions as PS can be ( most of the function you'll never use ).

This looks a promising app Paint.NET

8. GLMK

GLMK Private E-2

Yes, unable to make any compatibility modes to work. Oh, well. I use PSP along with Presto Image Folio so I am OK for the most part.

I used Photoshop for a while but you have to be careful on how you save your files or they don't work in other programs. And it tends to want to "take over" some previous work in other programs.

I may just stick with PSP 9 it's less complicated.

Thanks!

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I tend to on install or PS do a custom install and adjust the files associations the PS can open to just PSDs, that way it doesnt take control of other formats.

but glad your sorted with other apps to do the job ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds