Laptop won't pick up home network?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the_cat, Apr 12, 2009.

1. the_cat

the_cat Private E-2

Ok guys, I am currently at home on my own laptop, connected to my home network. However, my girlfriend's laptop which is sat right next to it cannot find the network (despite picking up every other network on the street...).

She has connected here before, but for some reason it will not see the network most of the time. I have deleted the previous connection settings and tried to connect manually, but still no joy, as well as restarting both the laptop and wireless.

Any help would be much appreciated, as it gets really frustrating for her when I'm at work and she needs to access her emails etc!

Cheers!

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Are you running a wireles G or N network, and what brand/model?

The more info we have, the better we can help you. :)

3. the_cat

the_cat Private E-2

It's a wireless G network, on a Belkin router, model is F5D7230-4, version 7001uk. Hope this helps? Annoying thing is that I just had it connected through ethernet cable to the router, but it still wouldn't find the router through wireless!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds