Multimedia Audio Controller driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Terryman, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Terryman

Terryman Private E-2

I'm new to forums. My situation: generic desktop, 1.15 Ghz, reformatted HD, installed win98SE, could not i.d. the multimedia audio controller, so no driver installed, then upgraded to XP SP2, still no identification of controller. Not sure what to look for on motherboard to find out what driver I need. Downloaded Version Tracker and ran it, still no luck in determining what driver I need for this unknown audio controller. Can you help?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. Terryman

Terryman Private E-2

Thanks, I'll try that.

4. lk_mills

lk_mills Private E-2

When i had to get the same type of drivers i went to my motherboard manufactures website then went to the section about the type of motherboard i have and they had a link to all the drivers that motherboard needs. So in my case i went to the asus website, and searched for my particular motherboard, im guessing other motherboard manufactures would have a similar kind of thing on their website.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds