Hi5: suddenly cannot access site.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jondemassey, Dec 24, 2006.

1. jondemassey

jondemassey Private E-2

You guys are indispensible when all the support lines are close down.

I have a new PC, Intel core TM2, 1GB RAM, 250GB storage running on 1GB broadband. Yet I cannot access Hi5, it keeps timing out with the usual crap; "The page cannot be displayed - The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site " etc. I have a myriad Christmas messages I can't reply to.

It is not the site, as everyone else I have asked gets through straight away.
    Neither is it the provider as other NTL users access Hi5 easily.
    I have tried:-
    - checking and correcting the Internet Options
    - temporarily shutting down Bullguard, at a risk
    - deleting Yahoo and Google toolbars altogether (you dont need half a dozen firewalls)
    - installing Java Runtime Environment
    - installing & running Firefox to try and bypass IE.

Nothing works. Please can anyone help?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hi there! Merry Christmas and all that :)

Please go to the Malware Removal forum and follow the stickies at the top of the forum. I suspect that this is a malware issue, and if this turns out to be the case, you'll need to make a new thread in that forum with the appropriate details.

Thanks!

3. jondemassey

jondemassey Private E-2

Hi Goldfish

I followed your instructions but found that the Sticky thread was closed, so I started another thread. Alas, All the malware cops found nothing, even Adaware! So I havent yet posted an HJT analysis; is there any point? My only AV / IS is Bullguard which is hardly Norton in complexity.

So I cannot work out what is stopping me. Whatever it is I dont think it is a malware matter though I have asked Chaslang for his ideas. What do you think?

I have no troublw with any other site even the ActiveXand Flash-heavy ones, yet nobody else I chat to has trouble with Hi5; just me!

I mean the damn double whammy is I cannot contact Hi5 for their views coz I can't get through! :eek:

Other than being cut off from 95% of my online friends everything is cool. Happy holidays.

Your ideas will be appreciated

JonDe

4. xrduke

xrduke Private E-2

I know my comment won´t help a bit, but i have the same problem with hi5, i don´t know what the hell is going on, at first i tried going to google and make a hi5 search, clicking at the results worked a while but since yesterday i can´t come in at all.....

5. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

lol, bump exactly one year later...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds